20. Email Horror!

9.6.05 |

I slip into the office, bright and early (9.15am) and settle down to the cube farm and mundane work related items (stopping all my fileshares and my torrent downloads that I left to run overnight) and I fire up my email, scanning through the latest issue of Dilbert.

I'm a little taken when I see 3 new emails with the subject's in CAPS and running about a mile long. *sigh* its going to be one of those days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Email

Subject:
PLEASE FIND ATTACHED THE FILES YOU REQUESTED LAST WEEK ON THE UPDATES THAT WE HAVE DONE TO OUR COMPUTERS AND SERVER, AND IF YOU REQUIRE ANY ADDITIONAL INFO EMAIL ME

Email Body:
Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*facepalm*

I email the client back, and say that I've received her info, and as tactfully as I can, I request that she stop using CAPS and to keep the subject line as short as she can. She doesnt email me back, so I take it that she understands me.

Lunch time comes along, and we slither off for some BBQ pork and stuff, comming back I read the paper before sitting down for more work (finishing up that Penny Arcade archive comic run), and I check my email. Lo and behold, there's a new bit of email, from the same client as earlier in the morning

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Email

Subject:
required

Email Body:
i require a list of customised reports that is being the completed by your side and when we can get them because the reports are needed and our management needs the reports for their management reporting by the end of the management reporting week
thankyou

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*facepalm again*

Now I'm torn between going down there and smacking the client, for A. not using a punctuation mark (see the Merriam Webster) and for B. Not making much sense.

I give up and continue to read Penny Arcade. It's not WORTH IT


Dav out

PS: Yes, there isnt a funny line, or a joke. Its work!

1 comments:

Josh (Dj Ganon) said...

LOL,
sounds like my kinda day :)